Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year to All!

Here it is, 2010... I can't decide if we're supposed to say, "20-10" or "2000 and 10." I'm sure we'll be used to whatever it is in no time. Many blessings to all my cyber friends out there. May your new year be blessed and filled with joy!

I'm in great denial that I must head back to the real world in the morning... That alarm clock will go off MUCH too early, so I'm already telling myself that Desperate Housewives will need to be DVR'd tonight in order to provide a much needed early bedtime! I'm sure I'll survive (note the self-talk here...). I do thrive on routine even if I curse it all the while! Consistency is good. It's what I try to provide for my family, and even my students. I should make sure to provide it for myself as well--even if it means setting the alarm clock!

Heading back mostly makes me sad that I won't have as much time with my family as I've had over the last 2 weeks. I miss them terribly, especially over the first few days. It's hard to not be around them... Along with that, it also gets harder to get scrappy. I know these couple that I post will be the most recent for me for awhile... {sigh}.

With that, here they are-my most recent creations. These two are the last I put together for my SCRaPDANGo December kit. I have one other that was made for the DT challenge for January week 1 at SCRaPDANGo, but using an old Personal Scrapper kit (it's one of my favorite kits-October Afternoon, and I'll probably cry when all the patterned paper is gone!) I realized that I don't have that pic on this computer. I'm having some PSE issues on this machine (anyone know why I have a program error whenever I try to save?). I'll get that one loaded up later this week!

The gift box was a lot of fun to make. I finally cracked out my EKSuccess box maker that's been hiding in my closet for a couple of years and managed to figure out two new techniques. I did an accordian folded flower along with the ribbon curls. Lots of fun!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Til next time <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carly, beautiful work here girl! thanks for the sweet congrats on my blog! So glad we can share the blessed date of Dec 12th. Thanks for stoppin by! Great to come take a peek at your cute blog too! blessings to you in the new year!