Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Little Reader...

So I had this crazy "Wow" kind of moment the other day... I have some friends who were telling us about how their now 7th grader was reading Harry Potter books in 2nd grade. I kinda thought in the back of my mind, "Seriously? How do you even HAVE a kid who can do that?" The teacher in me was just not sold on how that was even possible. Well... I think I'm gonna have that child in a couple of  years. As I type this, I am listening to my boy read from his Star Wars books to his sister... Wow... I have a real reader on my hands! I know he doesn't yet realize what this opens up to him, but to me, it is truly amazing... I have a reader... :)


Just wanted to get that down since I know that before I can blink, it will be old hat, always been that way. For now though, it's pretty spectacular! Thanks for letting me share that... :)

<3

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I am having the same thing happen here! I keep forgetting how good he is at reading and then he'll read something at a store and I'll be like "Wow, how'd you know that?" And he says "I read it!" Very fun for us teacher-types! :) Not sure I want my 2nd grader reading HP though! Might have to hold off even if he's able.

Chloe :-) said...

Wow!! That's fantastic Carly!! My 3.5yo "reads" Dr Seuss word for word, but totally from memory! LOL.

Loving your creations in the last post too. I love those colours together.

~jan said...

That's great! He looks very proud of himself too!