Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oh My! Summer is Here!

And boy did it come on fast! It's been wild and crazy- it always is these first few weeks! Between getting school wrapped up (two kids and two adults worth this year), Miss A's birthday party, and the 4th of July festivities, it's a bit chaotic... I always want to blog more than I do, but when I finally get home and the computer is near, it just doesn't seem to happen.

Fortunately, I have been able to get a bit scrappy lately (for this slow-poke, anyhow!) During the month of June, the Punky Sprouts girls got to do a product exchange with the girls over at Best Creation. Like so often happens, I start out having nearly no idea of what to do. That smart chic Shelly sent me the Back 2 School line from BC, but unfortunately, since I work, I literally have first day photos only for J, and the same for A. That didn't quite scream mini album. So finally the idea hit me. While I was looking at the cute little chipboard embellies, stressing, because I don't HAVE pics for all these cute things, I realized it... Just have J journal his OWN stuff! What a concept! a book without pictures?? I am a genius! (ok, maybe I just finally let some of those other blogs soak into my rather thick skull...) I'm still working on getting him to finish up the journaling, but here's what I have for now.

For anyone not familiar with Punky Sprouts albums, the are multi-media. The pages included in this Trunk Punky album are chipboard, currogated cardboard, canvas and acrylic. There is just so much you can do with them! I am learning so much about misting and painting, and loving every bit of it!

Now, I do have every intention of blogging more often this summer, but I need to find a good iPhone app that works with Blogger and lets me upload my pics too. If you happen to know of something, leave the info here for me please!

I hope you're all enjoying your summer (or winter for my southern hemi friends!)
Much love~ <3

No comments: