Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ready for the Weekend!

Do you know that old Loverboy song, "Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend?" Well, that's what we've been doing around here! It's been busy, busy, busy! School is in full force for three of the four of us and only 174 more to go! Our three-day weekend coming tomorrow is well-deserved! We're taking the trailer about 100 miles away near the Snake River to do some camping with friends. The weather is supposed to be cooler, so packing was actually pretty simple. Now that we've been out a few times it doesn't seem near the task it once was and that is a huge relief! We actually packed most of our things and even hooked up to the truck in the dark once the kids were down! Yes, we're a little crazy! This will most likely be the last big outing of this nature for the season. It's so hard to think that the cold is on it's way!

I can finally post my exciting news from before! I volunteered to be a part of the Scrapcalls Crew! I will be helping out with posting the calls on the main site! I'm excited! The more practice I get, the more comfortable I'll feel. But it really is cool to be a part of it! If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have ever known how to really begin the search for design teams and getting published! You'll need to go check it out if you've never been there! Also, the owner of the site, Anam, is an amazingly accomplished crafter! She designs for Prima and My Mind's Eye (need I say more?!) She's got some stuff going on and is trying to raise some money with an auction. Check it out and get some amazing stuff! There are only 2 weeks left with over 50 awesome items, and the minimum bid is only $5 – the minimum item worth is $10 – all the way up to an amazing vintage fresh water pearl necklace valued at $300… You can get all the info here.

Lastly, I leave you for the weekend with a link... If you find you're working for the weekend, check it out!

No comments: